Affiliate Marketing Secret Strategies – Practical Tips from MotoCMS
Have you ever thought about getting a passive income on affiliate advertising? Millions of people all over the globe make money online. If they can do this, you also can. Read on and we will tell you what is affiliate marketing, how to reach affiliate marketing success, give you valuable affiliate marketing tips, provide you with necessary affiliate marketing links and awesome tools for affiliate advertising.
What is affiliate marketing?
We’ll put it simple. The concept of affiliate marketing is to promote other people’s products through your website or blog and earn commissions if people actually buy the product. The business is grounded on revenue sharing. For instance, MotoCMS has a website builder to offer. Tell people about it. If you help to land a customer, we will share the revenue with you.
Please note that it is very important to choose the right affiliate marketing niche. You need to understand that ways to make money online are much smoother when you have a deep understanding of the product you are promoting. As you are here, on web design and development blog, we suppose that you have already selected your niche. Congrats! Now you want to know how to make money fast here and we are going to help you out with the greatest pleasure.
Why is affiliate advertising beneficial for you?
- You can earn up to 50% commissions on every template you sell.
- Everybody can join the affiliate program. It doesn’t matter what you do – business, blogging, marketing or web design. You can still earn a profit while evolving any personal online project of yours.
- Start with 30% commission automatically. After that, push up your sales and earn up to 50%. With an average check of $168, you’ll raise from $50 to $85 on each sale.
- You can become our partner within only a few steps and start retailing goods on the same day you join the program.
- We provide our affiliates with 5 different Payment methods to withdraw their commissions: PayPal, MoneyBookers, Payoneer, WebMoney, Wire transfer. Just choose the one that is the most convenient for you.
How to reach affiliate marketing success: practical affiliate marketing tips
Now when you know some of the major benefits of affiliate advertising, it’s time to know how to succeed with your affiliate company. First of all, we must warn you. If you think that you will become rich overnight by selling affiliate products online then you are mistaken. Affiliate marketing gives a brilliant opportunity to make money online, but it’s highly competitive too. In order to be successful in affiliate marketing, you need to know certain things like market needs, learn how to promote products, what works and what doesn’t, etc. Here follows a brief list of tricks that will simplify the task for you.
- Choose only good products. The most frequent mistake a lot of affiliate marketers make is that they register with too many different affiliate programs and try to promote everything at once. As time goes by things become very overwhelming, which means that they are not able to promote any product properly. A man can do no more than he can, so all you need to succeed is a handful of quality products to promote. You also need to understand the market needs and look for products that are closely related to the topic of your site.
- Use several traffic sources to promote the chosen products. Most of the affiliate marketers place the ads only on their sites. It’s OK, but there are so many other traffic sources that you can tap into and promote the products simultaneously. The more targeted traffic you can send to the seller’s page the more your chances of making money are. For instance, Google Adwords can be used to drive targeted traffic to a sales page. How does it work? You simply make an ad in your adwords account then use your affiliate link in the target page URL of the ad. Make sure to continuously measure the conversions and see if the campaign cost is less than the campaign profit.
- Test, measure and track your affiliate campaign. The idea to use different product promotion strategies is very good. This way you can figure out what is working and what is not. You may also try to do split testing and measure the performance of each campaign to take actions more accurately. Minor tweaks here and there can increase your profit dramatically. Experiment by placing the banner ads on different areas of your site’s pages. Some positions will make the ads more noticeable than others. Most affiliate programs will give you basic stats that you may need but nothing prevents you from using your own conversion tracking software too.
- Research the product demand. If you try to sell a product that is in low demand then chances are that you are not going to get many sales no matter how much effort you invest. So, what you need to do is spend a little time researching and finding out if a product that you are thinking of promoting is namely the product your audience needs. If your site can boast decent traffic, then you can conduct an online survey and get input directly from your visitors.
- Monitor all new and current methods and techniques. We have already mentioned above that affiliate marketing is a very competitive field and people are coming up with new techniques every now and again. Try to stay up-to-date with these new techniques and market trends otherwise you will fall behind.
- Choose the right merchant. When you promote a product you also promote the company that produced it. Make a thought out choice if you don’t want your visitors to be unhappy with the purchased item. A dissatisfied buyer will hardly come back to your site and take your advice again. This can hurt your credibility in the long run. As a rule, companies that offer excellent customer service will have better customer satisfaction, so you’d better stick with promoting their products.
- Use helpful tools. If you are serious about affiliate marketing then try to find tools that will help you be more efficient. There are many helpful tools available on the net. If you are using a WordPress powered site then consider getting a plugin similar to the Affiliate Link Manager, for example. Don’t just hope that visitors will come and buy. Setup everything correctly and make it happen. Affiliate marketing is a business, so treat it accordingly to increase your chances for success. If you think that visitors will click on your affiliate links and buy just because you placed dozens of affiliate links on your website then you are wrong, sorry. You need to have a structured plan in place.
Picking the right affiliate marketing tools
We have divided the tools into two groups for your convenience. Firstly, we will talk about the tools working best for bloggers. Secondly, we are going to discuss the tools working best for web-studios.
Affiliate marketing tools for bloggers
If you run your own blog and decided to earn money with affiliate advertising, you have lots of opportunities. Are you ready to spend more time but be more effective or you’d better prefer an easier strategy requiring less effort? What does “time-consuming” mean in our context? It means that you may need to repeat certain actions over and over again. The way requiring “less effort” provides for doing something once and then making some minimal adjustments from time to time.
- First of all, you can write your own honest review on any MotoCMS product with your affiliate link in it. You can generate your referral link right on our site. You can tell your readers about all the pleasures and drawbacks of a certain theme so that they could make their own impression of it.
NB! Remember about the 14-day trial period for any of the MotoCMS themes. If you have no experience with our themes but want to share your expert opinion with your readers, just use the 14-day trial period to the fullest. Tear and wear any template you like and tell your audience about your thrilling “test drive”
- Posting showcases is another very good working strategy. What is a showcase? It’s an article featuring a collection of different themes of a certain type or category. You can handpick the themes you want to post yourself or simply use one of our ready-made showcases/articles. We are ready to help you with the content. Just let us know and we will prepare high-quality unique SEO-optimized content written by our copywriters that will be interesting for your audience. Just ask our affiliate manager to prepare a unique affiliate post showcasing our products and you will receive it for free.
Pro tip: Post a good showcase article at least once a week to have a high conversion rate. Our cookies are all-year-round, so regular publications will help you boost your sales.
- The easiest affiliate advertising trick is placing an affiliate banner in your sidebar (or wherever it is noticeable on your website without affecting the general harmony and aesthetics of its design). You create a banner once and then don’t need to do anything. You can also use our set of banners featuring MotoCMS best products, special offers, and promo campaigns.
Pro tip: Conversion depends greatly on the page your banner leads to. Think well which page you want to choose. We suggest that you lead people to the page illustrating our best-selling products.
- To provide a constant presence of MotoCMS products on your site you can use our ready-made multipurpose landing pages. After custom keyword optimization, it will help you get organic traffic and ensure a constant growth of sales. You will be able to use our landing pages on your website following three simple steps described here. You will also find links to simple video tutorial and text instructions there.
Pro tip: Would you like to help the landing page gather more traffic and provide better conversions? Make it a separate category in your navigation menu. Additionally, you can promote this page through banners on your homepage, articles, social networks or any other legal methods.
Tools for web studios
If you are a web studio or a web developer you can start your own white label template shop and work for yourself. It’s up to you whether you want to promote our products or sell them without showing your users who have actually created them. You can take a look at the example of our ready-made shop right below this text.
It has 2 versions: a shop with the prices displayed, and a catalog. If you install the shop your clients will be able to make purchases themselves and you will get 30% from every sale to your affiliate account. The catalog version can be used if you are planning to make custom projects on the basis of our templates. Using the catalog you can make billing and set your own prices for the projects. In this case, you buy the chosen template, customize it and send to your customers.
If you want to integrate any of the versions on your website, please, send us a request and we will help you with the installation and update.
How can you improve your conversion rate?
Have you already registered as our affiliate partner? It’s time to earn more! Here is a list of simple tips that will help.
- Make a special promo-code (up to 20%) from your affiliate commission rate. People like discounts, so they are likely to stand in a line to buy your product at the reduced price.
- Use our blog, community, and support for sharing your experience and learning from others.
- Get your share for recruiting affiliates for our affiliate program and receive your lifelong supervisor’s 5% cut for every sale of your sub-affiliates.
- Provide an instant flow of quality traffic to MotoCMS – at least 50 unique visitors per day. You will get your reward for being a productive affiliate.
- Use social media or internet marketing to tell your friends about our products by adding your affiliate parameter to any link that leads to MotoCMS.com.
- Feature our templates on the first places of round-ups of your own and place banners on visible places. Use the best-performing products for that.
- Use social media to promote our discounts and special offers. To get the latest news first, simply add us on Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin and G+.
It seems like you got to know plenty of useful things about affiliate advertising and the ways to succeed in the business. Be creative! Nobody knows your audience better than you do. Only you know how to make them happy. However, you can always rely on us, we are ready to answer all the questions you might have and help you with any issue.
Are you ready to register and start to make money online? We are sure things will work out for you even faster than you expect and wish you best of luck in your affiliate marketing campaign.